Thursday, May 19, 2005

Remembrance and a reminder


I had some trouble getting underway with my jog today, so I took a break at the N.O. Holocaust Memorial. The memorial consists of nine acrylic pillars that are painted so that the images change as you walk around. The images bring to mind the chaos, destruction, evil, and death of the Holocaust, and the survival of the Jewish people in the aftermath. It's quite moving. It's also a reminder that my concerns, challenges, and personal angels and demons, while significant to me in the here and now, don't amount to all that much in the greater scheme of things.

[Edited because my little haiku can't do justice to the subject].

 Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Ann said...

Where, exactly?

Randy said...

It's just downriver from the Aquarium, right up by that walkway along the river.

Refuge said...

"Although your problems are meaningless, it doesn't make them go away."

Neil Young


I tell myself that often. :)