Saturday, September 10, 2005

Lazy Saturday

We drove across Louisiana again yesterday to clean out our refrigerator, and we found that we have power, as does 48% of St. Tammany Parish. Alas, we don't have potable water or, most importantly, telephone service or my DSL connection. Without DSL, I can't work from home, so I remain in my Houstonian Exile. We drove around town and noticed that the homes inside the City of Slidell actually do have potable water, and some places evidently have cable TV already. I hope to be home for good in less than a month.

Today, I went to a nice gym with a pay-as-you-go plan. Later, DW and I found a laundry. Yes, we actually paid someone else to so our laundry. While we were waiting, we went to the mall and had lunch. I dragged DW into a leather-goods store and tried on a rather daring leather jacket. DW kind of liked it, though she didn't care for the purse I wanted to accessorize it with. "What would happen if I showed up at work dressed like this?" I wondered. "You wouldn't be working anymore," DW responded. Then we hung out at Barnes & Noble until it was time to pick up the laundry.

I'm getting a little bored; I need to go back to work.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Between the two of us, we have one liveable house. I have potable water, but no power! I'm also real close to the charter mail location, so I may have internet and cable. Fat lot of good it does me.

I think it's good that your DW is sticking with you for the time being.

doug said...

Thanks for the update Randy; you guys are regularly on my mind.