Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Back to work

I started back to work in our temporary Houston command center yesterday. We're in a bullpen area of a former credit union office. Attached to what used to be the tellers' counter is a sign proclaiming that our mission is "exceptional financial services, today and tomorrow!" I may see about taking that sign home as a souvenir; it would look good in my new office in New Orleans. I expect that I'll be more productive than usual while I'm here, as our alphabetical desk arrangement has me next to the least slothful attorney in our office. That guy's work habits put mine to shame.

4 comments:

Refuge said...

We're actually getting what's left of Ophelia (I think) in Norway at the moment. Not a whole lot, I should add. The tropical hurricanes have a tendency to breathe their final breaths over Western Norway.

doug said...

"That guy's work habits put mine to shame."

Just as long as you don't ignore us as you lengthen your stride - all will be forgiven.

Randy said...

I just hope that nobody notices that 1) my office shut down just before the last hurricane and 2) my office reopened a couple of days before the next hurricane is forecast to hit our host city. What, oh what, have we done to deserve such divine retribution?

Miranda said...

Well, you are both a member of the law profession and a functionary of the gubmint. Some might suggest that would be all it takes. ;)