Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Burnt cookies incident

I was roused from my bed at 1:15 a.m. today by frantic knocking on my door. The hotel desk clerk was outside. I opened the door to a pungent burning odor, and the clerk wanted to ascertain the source of it. The smell was very strong, so I put on my bathrobe and went down to the lobby to wait until it dissipated. One of the other guests was in the breakfast room off of the lobby, dancing to a disco show on the television. This didn't seem strange in light of the events of the past few weeks. The clerk explained to the two of us that the guy across the hall from me had attempted to bake cookies in the microwave, and that he fell asleep. The dancing guy asked, "what, a stoner thing?" It sounded like classic stoner or drunk behavior to me.

3 comments:

Refuge said...

I saw on the news that people have started to evacuate certain parts of Texas. Are you still there, or are you forced further into exile? Good luck wherever you are!!

doug said...

Sorry I missed your call man. Lets try again. Are you safe?

Ann said...

I had thought that maybe you've gone home?