Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Missionary Moment?


Well, kind of, anyway. The other morning, the door at the Zen dojo was locked and I couldn't get in. I happened to run into a coworker on the street on my way over there. I came back to the office and vented to my coworker about the dojo door being locked. "You go there?" he asked. He explained that he had read about Zen in college and found it appealing, but that he had never pursued a practice. He then asked me whether I had any brochures and whether the dojo has a website. I obliged. I had a nice experience there this morning; nothing spectacular, just a few minutes of mental freedom. Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

OK, so I like this because smilling missionaries crack me up. I mean totally.
They're cute when they're young, but when they grow up and get greasy, their smiles aren't so funny anymore. So I enjoy this picture a lot. It really cracks me up.

Ann said...

The picture lines up with the anecdote just beautifully. Well done! I chuckled quite a bit.

Wirthy said...

I think I saw you two at my door the other day, while I pretended to not be home.

doug said...

I just had a wicked flashback.