Sunday, August 15, 2004

I've written so much about my younger son's behavioral problems that I feel compelled to write about yesterday. A. was a perfect little guy yesterday. We went to the Burger King playland, the John Slidell park, and the Slidell Community Playground next to the train depot yesterday. A. had a blast, and whenever he was ready to leave he took me by the hand and led me to the car. Just now we let in the cat from next door, and A. was gentle and nice to him. We may go to the beach later on today, I don't know.

I was a bit worried after I went jogging yesterday. I didn't go all that far, and I was breathing way harder than usual. Jogging has been difficult recently, but nothing like yesterday. DW was worried that I was going to have a heart attack or something. Things settled down very quickly, but I'm taking this as a warning sign to get serious about what I eat.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Didn't your dad die young of heart disease? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Get thee to an MD and get a stress test done. If you are 40 and have a history of heart disease, you should NOT let your concerns go unchecked.

I WILL be following up on this.

Anonymous said...

I second Ann's motion. Please go get checked. It's a dangerous game of Russion roullette if you don't.
So glad to know you had a peaceful day with your son. The Slidell park and McDonald's experiences are sounding like an old favorite children's book to me now :)