Monday, June 06, 2005

Guest Post: Randy's Links

Randy reminds me occasionally that I have posting privileges here. I've been looking for a place I can write something that's not about me and not about Mormon stuff. I was looking at Complicated Shadows at work today (bad Ann!) and gazed upon Randy's links. I noticed an empty space where a link had been. And a topic occurred to me: reviews of Randy's Links!

Today, I review Television Without Pity. This may seem like a strange thing to review. Probably everybody on the internet is a regular reader of TWoP. However, being not much of a TV watcher, I had never perused the site before today. It's pretty cool.

Plusses: excellent writing, a huge number of shows covered. Excellent home page that sucks you in to all the current stuff.

Minuses: probably nothing wrong with the site; I'm just woefully out of touch with pop culture. What ARE these shows? Are intelligent people actually watching Brittany and Kevin just to write snarky things about it? It takes all kinds.

Also, I was very, very surprised that Law and Order is not among the shows on the "Shows" page - not even on Permanent Hiatus. I heart Law and Order. It's how I know everything I know about the law. Well, that, and Randy is my friend. But he doesn't share much.

I read the description of the last episode of this season's ER as my sample page (because it's a show I watched once upon a time) and it was wonderful. Just the right blend of fan and wisecrack.

I would love to see that turned to Law and Order.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Excellent commentary. I love those snarky reviews on TVWoP, even when someone is naking fun of my favorite shows. It would be nice to have a few more good shows on there--"Arrested Development" comes to mind--but they seem to have a thing for really bad programs that make for hilarious reviews. Thus, "Seventh Heaven" and "The Bachelor" are reviewed faithfully.