Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I saw our own Slidell High School on Fox News this morning. Some bats flew into the school gym during a basketball game, and somebody filmed the incident. Slidell is mostly Suburbia, USA, so we only make the news when something quirky happens.

Older Son is doing better in his new surroundings. I've already started my first little crusade up there. The kids have virtually no access to computers during the regular school year, yet the computer is my kid's most powerful learning tool. I'm already negotiating how and when to get him access. I'm even thinking of taking our newest PC up there and placing it in their computer lab, where access can be limited and the machine can be secured. DW and I use a laptop, and our really old Gateway machine will do for Younger Son, who isn't even on the computer yet.

No comments: