Saturday, February 14, 2004

My anxiety level has been pretty high the past couple of weeks with the boarding school thing coming up all of the sudden, and it seemed that a blog would be a good way to deal with the anxiety.

I'm worried about how and when to tell my mother and sister that we are placing their favorite grandson/nephew into an out-of-town institutional environment. They freaked out when we first went to look at the place. My mother has visions of gross abuse and mistreatment of children. I doubt that even the nun who runs the place could convince her otherwise. We might even wait until after we get older son up there to break the news. I worry that 1) they'll try something to stop us from taking O.S. there (they would fail, but still); 2) they'll attack DW's mothering abilities; and/or 3) they'll never talk to me again. I'm probably more worked up about this than I ought to be.

No comments: