Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tropical weather

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder,
Smite flat the thick rotundity o' the world!
Crack nature's moulds, and germens spill at once,
That make ingrateful man!

--King Lear

Tropical Storm Cindy passed through our area early this morning, and we're fortunate that it did very little damage. Hurricane Dennis may or may not come here in a few days, but until then, I'll enjoy the blue skies I see from my window right now.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Yes, it WAS beautiful day, wasn't it? We lost power from about 4:00 a.m. until 8:15 or so.

We have a leak in our roof. DH is pretty determined to fix it himself. I hope we don't need a new one.

Good lead, by the way.

Randy said...

Smart ass that I am, I quoted King Lear on my leave slip last year when I had to take half a day of annual leave to evacuate during Hurricane Ivan. Too bad nobody ever reads the comments on those leave slips.

Ann said...

Are you leaving? XU closes at 2:00 tomorrow "until further notice."

Randy said...

It looks like we'll be off to Memphis in the morning. We'll see what happens!