Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mens Rea


My current state of mind. I'll write a little more about it on Monday morning.

Okay, I'm back. Anyway, I'm in a state in which I can't seem to get on-balance. I continue to be thrown out of whack by unusual dreams, and I don't sleep well in the first place. Adam's sadness at returning to school last week still haunts me, and makes me wonder whether I really did enough to make that placement unnecessary. I didn't exercise at all last week, and I haven't had any remotely poetic inspiration in months. Finally, our weather the past couple of weeks has created some uncertainty for everybody in the area. It's probably just a spell of the blues, with a little uncertainty thrown in. I hate uncertainty--I tend to like order and predictability. Kind of odd for someone who practices Zen, but not the least bit odd for a middle-aged husband and father of my socio-economic background.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

doug said...

Hey, that kid looks it could be you when you were a little tike, don't ya think? He is pretty cute and all but he's got this mischievous look. WAIT A MINUTE, that is you is it not? That's right; the skylarking prankster glow gives it away. :)

JT said...

Arrrrrg. Mine too!

Randy said...

Yes, I am Jimmy Neutron! The first time I watched the JM movie with the kids, I sat watching long after the kids had scattered. I thought it was really funny.

Ann said...

Off balance. Yes, I think that describes it. When I think "tipping point," I don't think of a new business idea. I think of the one more thing that will really make this all just completely unbearable.

It hasn't happened yet.