Friday, July 01, 2005

Dream dictatorship


Man, oh, man! I had a hilarious dream last night. It starts with a televised expose of North Korea's secret production of minivans for the automotive industry. I see Dodges, Fords, and Toyotas trucking out of a North Korean factory, destined for sale in the U.S.A. Next thing I know, I'm an undercover agent in North Korea, evidently to get the lowdown on Kim's Caravan-craving cadre of card-carrying Communist comrades. Why the U.S. government would send an ivory-skinned, blue-eyed Caucasian undercover among Koreans is a question for another day, I suppose. Anyway, I'm living in a dingy, concrete-floored hovel with another agent--who, fortunately for me, is Korean. Unfortunately, he also happens to be a North Korean intelligence officer. Next thing I know, my entire ring of acquaintances is sitting in an opulent, tastefully furnished room in what must be a government building. We are interrogated politely by my roommate/mole, who it turns out has developed quite a taste for decadent, bourgeois, American culture. At some point, I'm left alone in a room, and I make my escape via the window. I quickely pull myself up on a roof overhang (this is ridiculous for anybody who has seen my gut IRL), and start running along, and climbing on, the various roofs of an enormous, Asian-style building that I shall call the Kim Il Sung Memorial Axis of Evil Pagoda. So I'm hopping along over KISMAEP with North Korean agents chasing me. Suddenly, I'm among a large throng of people pouring out of what seemed like a stadium attached to KISMAEP, into safety (were they going across the DMZ? I dunno). I realize that DW is back in the KISMAEP, which is kind of strange, as she was not present in the dream at all until that point. I head back into KISMAEP, knowing that I'm very likely to be taken prisoner by that Caravan-craving cadre of card-carrying Communist comrades. End of dream.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ann said...

What kind of comment is appropriate on a dream post? My dreams are never so vivid as yours, nor as interesting. But on the other hand, I rarely wonder what they mean. They're usually about not-really-suppressed fears, or sex.

But your dreams...I can never figure out WHAT the hell they're about.

JT said...

Wild! Add an english car to the mix and it could have been a movie!

Trail Seeker said...

...and it was in full vivid colors to boot? Can't say I have such james bond'ish type of dreams.

Ann, I used to wake up as a youth and feel guilty about one of your type of dreams, now I would welcome a few ;-)

Randy said...

picture an overweight, middle-aged suburbanite playing like he's in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," and you'll have an idea how I looked atop that pagoda.