Saturday, March 18, 2006


We went to the zoo today, and Toby favored the primates over the other animals, once we saw that the sea lions are still evacuated to Texas. The zoo came after we tried to chase a train half the way to Hattiesburg, an effort that was frustrating due to the gall of people who were working on their homes and kept pulling into the road with pickups full of building supplies. We also played at the park for a few hours, swinging and tossing small sticks and rocks into the creek that runs through the park. Off to look for more trains. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ann said...

My pre-Katrina New Orleans calendar ($5 at Walgreen's, with nice photos) says that today was Earthfest at Audobon Zoo. Did you seen anything fun related to that?

Randy said...

Lots of Earth Fest today. I got pissy about them leaving gates open that should have been left closed. First, Toby ran out into the parking lot through a gate that is usually closed, but the guy let us back in. Then he ran through another gate into the Tea Room's garden, only to have a guy tell us that it was closed to the public for preparation for a private dinner. "Well, Toby, they might want to think about CLOSING THE DAMN GATE!" was my response.

We saw way too many trains today. It's not enough just to see them. I've created an expectation that I will chase them until the wheels fall off the car. I suppose I should feel flattered.

Ann said...

I saw you guys at the park today, I think. I was on my way to pick up my guys at church (we only have one car right now) or I would've stopped to chat.

If it was you, Toby was really flying!

Randy said...

That was probably us. The harder I push him, the harder he laughs, so I push the hell out of him.