Friday, October 07, 2005

Blue sky; black cloud


The sky is blue and the temperature is perfect in southeast Texas today.  At noon, I walked around a bit and watched people setting up for an art fair.  A few people were placing whimsical floating sculptures into the reflecting pool in front of city hall.  Despite the setting, I've found myself under a cloud since about mid-morning.  It's one of those days where I almost feel my seratonin and norepinephrine levels dropping as the day goes on.  Right now, the cloud is more gray than black, so hopefully I can pull out of this little funk pretty soon.  DW wants to go back to a neo-spiritualist-whatever store in a funky part of town tonight, so perhaps I'll purchase a Tibetan singing bowl there to readjust my brain waves.

We're off to see our boys tomorrow and Sunday, then we'll be visiting our house for a day or two.  I have another sleep test on Monday night at our local hospital, and our insurance adjuster will be paying us a visit Monday morning.  I rather foolishly volunteered to shuttle work between Mission Control, Houston and some of my coworkers who are working from home.  There's more stuff needing distribution than I thought, and now I'll be carting case files around in a car trunk that still smells like gasoline.  Of course, I'll put in for mileage when I get back.

2 comments:

doug said...

Have a safe drive enroute to the boys, hope you are feeling better.

Ann said...

Damn, I think I know exactly how you feel. And I think it's called, "Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans..."

It was cold today. I miss my husband. I'm lonely, and I want to go home.

Write about the Tibetan singing bowl.