Monday, June 27, 2005

To sleep, perchance to dream.

I went to the sleep clinic at the hospital here in Northshore Paradise today. I've had mild sleep apnea for the past couple of years, but it's become significantly worse in recent months, with frequent waking and really loud snoring (according to DW, anyway). I'm scheduled for an overnight sleep study on the night after DW and I return from Utah in August. I sure hope I don't have one of those wild dreams of mine that night. That might set off alarms all over the place.

4 comments:

Mike D. said...

i've had similar problems (especially w/ the snoring), so i'll be interested to see how it turns out. just make sure that you don't get "excited" while being observed in your sleep (not that you could stop it, and not like the guys at the sleep clinic are virgins to that kind of thing).

JT said...

Let us know how it turns out. My father has had very bad sleep apnea for *years*. I mean really bad.

I hope I can convince him to go to a sleep clinik too.

Ann said...

DH has obstructive sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine at night. He now sleeps well. He got the CPAP machine RIGHT before we got married. I guess it took some getting used to at first, but it really has made a difference in his quality of life. He never felt rested, slept late in the morning and was tired all the time. Also, he had occasional episodes of dozing off in the afternoon. Now, that just never happens. If only they had a machine to help with the benign enlarged prostate...

Randy said...

The doc mentioned a CPAC machine yesterday, but we won't know if I need one until early August. As for prostate issues, I still get an ache down there just thinking about that biopsy a few years back. Man, that was painful!