Tuesday, February 22, 2005


First it was Tinky Winky, now it's SpongeBob SquarePants. No, he's not changing his name to SpongeBob QueerPants. However, Nick Jr's biggest star has been denounced by the Rev. James Dobson of Focus on the Family for appearing in a video produed by a group that promotes social tolerance, including tolerance for differing sexual orientations. I looked at the group's website, and it is affiliated with that dangerous leftist, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah). Go figure.

Oh yeah, I'm wearing a SpongeBob tie today for my presentation to a panel of judges. Most of the lawyers here are pretty conservative about how they dress for those conferences. Not me--I favor loud ties and colored shirts. That always annoyed the old boss, which, of course, meant that I had to keep it up.  Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Ann said...

I dunno man. You're way braver than I would be. Do you have the gubmint version of tenure? Are the judges OK guys? Do they look at you funny?

My DH would wear a Spongebob tie to church, but not for his meeting with the rank and tenure committee.

Randy said...

The judges take things far less seriously than my old boss. I've even been complimented on my ties a couple of times, and one of judge razzed me about a particularly loud tie and the accompanying facial hair.

N. Speth said...

If you believe James Dobson, there's a new dire threat tothe family emerging every five minutes.