Friday, February 13, 2004

I watched an episode from the first season of "The Sopranos" over my lunch hour today. Geez, it was funny. That show has mophed over four seasons from a brilliant dark comedy with dramatic aspects to a brilliant drama with comedic aspects. I love that show because it is amazingly intelligent but not the least bit condescending. For instance, the most grusome ep. of the whole series interspersed lyrics from the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil," but you didn't feel like you missed out if you didn't get it. I can't wait for Season Five to begin in March. DW and I have spread the gospel according to Tony and Carmela via DVDs to Mapleton, Utah, where SIL and her husband have become addicted to the show. It's been therapeutic for them as they deal with a family trauma. HBO as therapy -- now there's an idea!

No comments: