Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fun New Show


DW and I watched "Pushing Daisies" last night on ABC. I pretty much forgot that network even existed. Anyhow, it's a clever show that reminds me of Showtime's most excellent-but-cancelled "Dead Like Me." The main character of the show can revive the dead by touching them, but only at the cost of someone else dying. He strikes a deal with a private detective to revive murder victims, discover who killed them, make them dead again, then collect any reward money. The show takes a romantic twist early-on, and I kind of wonder whether they can sustain it for long under the circumstances--but then, they kept Jim and Pam in a state of sexual tension for three seasons on "The Office." The colors on the show are vivid and fantasyland-ish, and the voiceover reminds me of old Christmas movies.

2 comments:

The Cajun Boy said...

glad you liked it!

minijonb said...

the first episode had some clever dialog and a neat look. i'm not sure it can stand the test of time. i hope it doesn't. my girlfriend likes it and we watch too much tv as it is.