Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Great White North



Last night, I dreamed that New Orleans had been wiped out by another major hurricane and that the federal court where I work had moved to Toronto, lock, stock, and barrel. Houston evidently was damaged also, so that city was unable to provide the extraordinary hospitality it gave us in the wake of Katrina. My coworkers and I were giddy about living in this cool, cosmopolitan town, so much so that we wanted to put a Canadian flag on our building and sing "O, Canada" in the morning. My former boss was in charge of the office once again, and he strenuously objected to having any symbols of Canada displayed; only the American flag could be flown.

When I woke up, I thought, "hey, if this office has to move to Canada, then more than just New Orleans got messed up!" Moreover, I see the American flag as symbolizing my own, personal ideal of America, so I like seeing it wave. Maybe I'm just missing me my Calgarian Gentle Reader Doug, and I had this dream about moving to Canada so I could post about it and get him to leave a comment. Anyhow, this is the second post-Katrina dream I've had about the city being destroyed and us moving.

1 comment:

Ms-Chievous said...

Hehe good clip eh.
I'm pretty sure Doug fell off the planet eh?