Sunday, October 22, 2006

I want you!


 Posted by Picasa
Toby spent Saturday afternoon swimming and playing with DW and I. By swimming, I mean jumping in the water, using us as walls to kick off of, and throwing chairs into the pool (that last one was totally unexpected). We spent most of our time drawing geometric pictures, with me doing Toby's drawing by proxy. However, he is getting better at seeing how to use lines to draw shapes, so no doubt he will start drawing these shapes himself, then arranging the shapes into representational images. When we were at McDonald's, Toby for the first time had us draw a social story of his day. We drew a notebook, a pencil, french fries, chicken nuggets, and a stick figure jumping into the water. These are the kind of little things that sometimes make me teary-eyed.

Another poem from jury duty:

everything
is big and scary
but the swimming pool
and the blanket
comfort
me

No comments: