Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Judgment Day


Your humble correspondent arrived at his polling place at 5:30 a.m. The doors opened at 6:00 a.m., and your working boy was done by 6:20. The photo is the line for his precinct, which is one of three that votes at the mall. The line was much longer, and the people at the back probably had about a two hour wait.

Anybody want to play the prediction game? Here's mine:

Obama--52% (338 electoral votes)
McCain--46% (200 electoral votes)
Other--2%

I played with an interactive map this morning, and there is a plausible way to get to a 269-269 Electoral College tie. It looks rather unlikely, but it's something that would be very fun to see.

2 comments:

Don said...

You get to vote in a mall? Exercise your civic duty and get a little shopping in at the same time.

Randy said...

It's nice to vote at the mall, especially in our usual Saturday elections. I couldn't go shopping this morning, but I did go across the street to Starbucks for a latte. I didn't realize until I ordered that I was engaging in behavior that is allegedly stereotypical of supporters of a particular presidential candidate.